Sunday, January 24, 2016

A case could be made

that David Ortiz is the single most selfish "player" in baseball history.

"Heck no I won't play first base, even though the team desperately needs me to. That's not what I signed up for and I could get hurt playing defense so no, I won't."

"How dare you not give me a hit on that play? I'll see you after the game."

"How dare you call a strike on me, man? How dare you not grant me special privileges because of my fame as team mascot? I earned that shi, man."

His "leadership" has resulted in 3 out of 4 years of last place finishes. This past season, the two free agents that most notably followed his lead turned in two of the worst, most insulting and pathetic performances in major league history. In Ramirez' case, it was the laziest and most catastrophic defensive effort by any player in the history of the game at any competitive level. Comically, embarrassingly bad on a daily basis. Literally helped sink his team to the bottom of the league because he wouldn't try.

So yeah, pick and choose your data points, sure. As one who has seen the Dominican Con Man's shtick for over a decade, my data tells me that this guy's a selfish, narcissistic clown who wouldn't know a hard day's work if it punched him in the face.

Fuck you, D!

:^)

No comments:

Post a Comment