Monday, October 5, 2015

I want someone to be straight up honest and just say

"No, of course I wouldn't vote for a DH for the Hall of Fame. Please. It's not a real position and it's an insult to the game to consider such a thing."

It would be strengthened if they went further, like, "and I say this as a huge fan of the DH rather than having pitchers hit. it's just not a real position and allowing DH's to be eligible for the Hall is a slap in the face to all the guys who actually play the game. I'm especially not going to put in a legitimate cheater on top of that. So no, I wouldn't vote for a DH, and I'm certainly not going to vote for a DH who cheats."

As has been explained, the correction factor for DH's offensive numbers is 0.4, and in some cases (where more injuries are a guarantee) much less. So I may one day be proven a liar. I may have to vote for a DH at some point, because he hits 2,000 home runs and his adjusted numbers would still put him near the top of the game's history in terms of production. But thankfully that is not the case, and it's a much easier decision to keep such fraudulence out of the hallowed Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment